BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Age of Re-Discovery

Ever heard of the band Age of Electric? I wouldn't be surprised if your answer is no. Not many people have. They were a Canadian Indie band in the '90s. I knew of them in my youth, but didn't really know them. In my teen years, I did know them better. However, they seemed, in some places, as though they had never existed. They cannot be found on iTunes. Even on Limewire searches were unsuccesful. Eventually, after numerous searches over a lengthy period of time, I found them on Limewire. I downloaded all their songs that were there, but there was one -- my favourite of their songs -- that was still M.I.A. It was "I Don't Mind."


When I moved to Waterloo for university, I had a lot of spare time. I explored the small city, and discovered a used CD store, called "The Beat Goes On." After a frantic search for a bathroom, I entered a Harvey's. After doing... you know, I went into Chapters and bought Thomas More's Utopia. Then I thought, "Why don't I check out that used CD place?" So I did. And I happened across an Age of Electric CD, called "Make a Pest a Pet." Excited, I hurriedly turned the case over to check the track listing. And, sure enough, there it was: "2. I Don't Mind 3:23."
What a grand day that was...

0 comments: