BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 11, 2009

When There's Nothing Left to Burn, You Have to Set Yourself on Fire

This is the opening line to the song "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead" by Stars. Such a sad song.... It is the incredible first track on Stars' amazing album, "Set Yourself on Fire." The above words are spoken by the father of the lead singer (Torquil Campbell), who is a famous Shakespearean actor. On Stars' following album, "In Our Bedroom After the War," Campbell's mother, also a Shakespearean actress, speaks the album's opening lines.
"Your Ex-Lover Is Dead" is an absolutely beautiful song. It has male and female vocals, cello, and a variety of brass and wind instruments. When I first heard this song, I almost died, it was so great. I even eventually wrote a short story based on my interpretation of the lyrics, but I don't expect that will be shared here.

0 comments: