BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This Song Reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide...

Yes, Death Cab for Cutie have a song that reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You'd think it would be Radiohead, and yes, to a degree, they do. But this song...

In the fourth book, So Long... and Thanks for all the Fish, at one point a thunder storm on Earth that at first had caught a mysterious character moves off into the distance. It's still going, just off on the horizon, and the rolling thunder is compared to the grumbling of an old man saying, "And another thing..." long after he has already lost the argument. (Incidentally, it's that quote that is giving a name to the sixth book, being written by Eoin Colfer with the blessing of Douglas Adams' wife; I have mixed feelings about that, but that's another matter entirely.) The image I picture in my mind at this point in the narrative is nearly identical as to what I see when I hear these lines:

"'Cause that night, the sun in the trees
Made the skyline look
Like "Crooked Teeth"
In the mouth of a man
Who was devouring us both."

0 comments: